It Takes Many Trips to the Well

Normal
0

false
false
false

EN-US
X-NONE
X-NONE

/* Style Definitions */
table.MsoNormalTable
{mso-style-name:”Table Normal”;
mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0;
mso-tstyle-colband-size:0;
mso-style-noshow:yes;
mso-style-priority:99;
mso-style-parent:””;
mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt;
mso-para-margin-top:0in;
mso-para-margin-right:0in;
mso-para-margin-bottom:10.0pt;
mso-para-margin-left:0in;
line-height:115%;
mso-pagination:widow-orphan;
font-size:11.0pt;
font-family:”Calibri”,”sans-serif”;
mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri;
mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin;
mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri;
mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin;}

Each year I am constantly amazed at the way the Global Leadership Summit, put on by the Willow Creek Association, “fills my bucket.”  I’ve learned that I can’t attend only once – I must make yearly visits to the GLS well to keep my bucket filled.

In How Full Is Your Bucket, Rath and Clifton describe an invisible bucket each person has.  Daily, it is either being filled or emptied depending on feedback, comments and encounters each has.  To function properly and productively we each need to work out of a full bucket.

Yearly, I sit through various talks and speakers at the Global Leadership Summit.  Each year I think, “I know this, this is nothing new.”  But each year I leave reminded of some basic truths and at least temporarily….implement them into my life.

Most of us would think that the principles in How Full Is Your Bucket are simple and that we’ve heard them before.  That’s true.  Others would say that it’s just common sense.  That’s true.  But the sad truth is that we forget to incorporate them into our lives and daily activities.

So, again I’ve read a book that yes, is helpful.  Yes, I’ve heard it before.  But the question remains, will I follow through with the suggestions in filling other’s buckets.

Within my work environment, my goal is to do the following:

1.      1.  I don’t remember the name of the day-care cook.  I also forget the volunteer helper that assists our receptionist on Thursday mornings.  I will learn their names and greet them daily for one week.

2.       2. There is a new videographer on staff I’ve yet to talk to and get to know.  I will intentionally take him out for coffee and learn “his story.”

3.      3.  My Ministry Assistant’s love language is “words of praise.”  I will be diligent in sharing with here this week, specifics of why I appreciate her.

4.       4, There are three volunteers who come in regularly to help in our department.  During this next week, I will do something un-expectantly or give them an unexpected gift to show appreciation.

5.      5.  Finally, to prevent “bucket dipping,” I plan to be aware of and reduce my sarcastic remarks, which although funny, might dip into someone’s bucket.

gfesadmin