Boxers in Brief Rebellion

Given permission to write this week’s post about Boxers and Saints, by Gene Luen Yang, in Haiku form, that’s what I am doing!

Saint of Four Girl faith,

Martyred at Little Bao’s hand;

Champions, at what cost?

And with that, the final blog post for my DMin coursework is complete! I will continue to post at kristinwithoutamap.wordpress.com. If you stop by that site in the next few months, you may even see some of my DMin posts re-posted there!

Love to you all,

Kristin

Kristin Hamilton

10 responses to “Boxers in Brief Rebellion”

Kristin- great poem. Potent and concise. Love it and reminds me a bit of mine.

Congrats on your blog. I’ll have to check in on it. We’re done!!!!

• Kristin Hamilton says:

Thanks Jen. I wish I had thought to do multiple stanzas like you did! It took me way too long to boil everything down to three lines. 🙂

Bookmarking your new (old) site and looking forward to continuing our Sevens conversations with you there.

Champions at what cost?

We have lost so many good people fighting for justice, seeking to do good things for others, and more.
    I am reminded of Dietrich Bonhoeffer book The Cost of Discipleship. One of his quotes, “When Christ calls a man, he bids him come and die.”

• Kristin Hamilton says:

I thought about that too, Lynda. So many have died for the cause of Christ. Can I say I’m ready and willing to do the same? I don’t know yet.

Kristin, what a finale!!
    Thanks for the link. I’ll copy it.
    I am glad we read these last 3 books; it will make our trip to Hong Kong so much more interesting.
    God bless you until then.

Thanks, Kristin!