Giving Inner Permission

Written by: on August 27, 2012

If you are anything like me, I struggle giving myself permission to slow.  It’s often more gratifying to check off things on my “to do” list than to sit in silence with God! This morning I heard a common theme among our lecturers regarding the difficulty Korean ministers have in giving themselves inner permission to slow.  More specifically, Rev. Daniel Dongwan Lee presented that for him it nearly cost his entire ministry.  In the end it was the actual gateway to his healing and subsequently his churches movement towards spiritual formation and healthiness.  This morning as well as throughout the week I have been hearing a common philosophy among the Korean leaders ,”improvement”.  If you work hard, pray long hours, keep moving, never give up, your life will improve.  Now, I certainly understand why.  The Korean nation and the Korean church has had a lot to overcome throughout the past 59 years.  Through hard work and much determination the Korean church has come a long way.  However, could it be that this need for “improvement” is one of the major factors contributing to the Korean  leaders inability to slow?  I would love to hear your thoughts.

gfesadmin