Thanks to all who took part in the Kindness Challenge; prizes to be distributed!

Thank you for your participation in the “Thriving Together” Well-being Challenge Week devoted to kindness. We have received your meaningful responses and are happy to hear that your acts of kindness were inspiring to you and others.

All participants were entered into a raffle to win The 4 Habits of Joy-Filled People by Marcus Warner and Chris Coursey. Congratulations to Jan Balzer, Amanda Howard and Tennille Hostetler! We will deliver the prizes to your desks.

Here is what some of you reported about the week:

• “My favorite was the ‘Embrace three people with a hug.’ Permission requested first (of course), and then it was fun doing a huddle.”
  • “It’s fun to see the reactions of people when you smile at them randomly … you can see their whole countenance just light up!”
  • “My husband and I took a walk to Dutch Bros instead of driving. It was a great way to get a little exercise, but was also a great way to have quality time together.”
  • “I called my cousin who I hadn’t talked to in a long time. She lives alone and she was delighted to hear from me. It was nice to have cheered up her day.”
  • “I was happy to see that I can perform acts of kindness as part of my everyday life routine.”

Keep being intentional about your acts of kindness.

– The university’s Wellness Committee