A Letter of Thanks to the George Fox Community

Thank you so much to those of you who were able to participate in the pie parade last Thursday afternoon. It was a delightful event, and I enjoyed the opportunity to visit briefly with many good friends.

As an introvert, it was actually nice to have space and to be able to to talk to each one who came through. Tom and I appreciate your words of kindness and support over the years. I am opening the cards, a few each day, to savor the words you shared.

I especially want to thank my office – Janelle, Laurie, Rebecca, Jodi and Audrey – for planning and hosting the time. What they did was pretty amazing. I also want to thank Bob, Dave, Marc, Roger, Ryan and my good friend Alice for directing traffic, receiving cards and gifts, and handing out pies. I have been blessed by each of you.

On July 1, I become a member of the faculty in the EdD program, and I look forward to a new role that more directly serves students while still being able to spend time with longtime colleagues. And, I don’t have to worry about snow and ice on the roads!

Gratefully,
Linda Samek