At the end of every school year many students have good reusable items that they do not want to take home over the summer. These items often include blankets, clothing, kitchen supplies, small appliances, radios, room decorations, furniture, etc. In an effort to keep the dumpsters from over flowing and to be better stewards of the resources, Phase II was initiated. We are happy to receive reusable items that students do not want to take home starting on April 24th and going through May 3rd at 4 pm.
The items gathered are sorted and made available to summer students and staff, with the remainder of the items being given to different organizations in the local area, such as: Rescue Mission, Unwed Mothers Homes, Love Inc., or Goodwill.
Barrels will be placed in the following locations:
- The dorm lobbies of Edwards, Pennington, Le Shana, Coffin, Hobson, Macy and Sutton.
- On the porches or patios of Weesner, Riley, Chapman, Hoskins, Armstrong, Campbell, Fulton St., Villa Rd.,
North St., Gail, Kershner, Barclay and Wilder Houses.
- Outside of the first floor of Beebe, Carey and Willcuts.
- Near Woolman 2-3, Winters 201-2 and Newlin apartments.
- Lewis and Weesner Village laundry rooms.
Please do not place the following into the barrels:
- Undergarments and socks
- Large appliances or furniture
- Food or chemicals (Place these items in a box next to the barrels)
There are large drop boxess for your trash located strategically around campus. By law, computers and TVs cannot go into the trash. Please place them beside the barrels with a note if it is broken.
Have a great summer and may the Lord bless you as you go!