At the end of every school year, many students leave behind good, usable items. These items often include blankets, clothing, kitchen supplies, small appliances, radios, room decorations, little tables, etc. In an effort to keep the dumpsters from overflowing and to be better stewards of the resources, Phase II was initiated.
We are happy to receive reusable items that students do not want to take home starting April 25 and going through May 4 at 4 p.m.
The items gathered are sorted and made available to summer students and staff, with the remainder of the items being given to different organizations in the local area, such as Rescue Mission, unwed mothers’ homes, Love INC or Goodwill.
Barrels will be placed in or near central living areas …
- In the dorm lobbies of Edwards, Pennington, Le Shana, Coffin, Hobson, Macy and Sutton
- On the porches or patios of Weesner, Riley, Chapman, Hoskins, Armstrong, Campbell, Fulton Street, Villa Road, Wilhite, Munn, North Street, Gail, Kershner and Wilder houses
- Outside of the first floor of Beebe, Carey and Willcuts
- Near Woolman 2-3, Winters 201-2 and Newlin apartments
- And in Lewis and Weesner Village laundry rooms
Please, look for and use these barrels as you prepare to leave at the end of school.
Please do not place trash in the barrels labeled Phase II.
Please do not donate undergarments, socks, damaged or soiled items.
Do not donate large appliances or furniture such as couches, armchairs and beds.
Do not place food or chemicals in the barrels. Place these items in a box or bag next to the barrels.
There are large drop boxes for your trash located strategically on campus.
By law, computers, monitors and TVs cannot go into the trash. They can be placed beside the barrels. Please note if it is broken.
Have a great summer and may the Lord bless you!
Questions? Please contact Debby O’Kelley at email@example.com.