If you often do your research from off-campus, we recommend you install the proxy bookmarklet on your browser’s bookmarks toolbar. The bookmarklet lets you log into the off-campus proxy service without having to always start from the Libraries website.
Drag or right-click and add this link to your browser’s favorites or bookmarks:
George Fox Libraries Proxy Bookmarklet
Create a bookmark manually on a touch device or other browser:
- Create a bookmark but make sure the URL includes the following code instead of a web address:
You might see a security alert that the “favorite may not be safe”, although it is. Click “yes” to continue.
- Older versions of Microsoft Edge (prior to Windows 10 v1703) did not allow you to edit the URL of bookmarks; newer versions do allow you to edit the URLs; please update your browser to the latest version.
- If the links toolbar is not visible in your browser, you can try to enable it under the View > Toolbars menu
How To Use the Proxy Bookmarklet
- Once you have installed the proxy bookmarklet, navigate to a database or webpage that is George Fox-restricted.
- Once you are on the page, click on the proxy bookmarklet in your browser’s toolbar, and you will be redirected through the Libraries off-campus proxy service.
- If your browser session was just started you’ll be prompted for your George Fox username and password the first time.
- In some cases you may need to use the browser’s “Back” button to return to the resource URL, not the vendor’s login/error page.
- Licensed content is provided by a number of vendors and some content may not be purchased directly from the source you are using. In this case you will need to start from the Libraries website or catalog to see if we have access to this resource.
Permanent Link to Bookmarklet Instructions: https://www.georgefox.edu/library/find-borrow/find/bookmarklet.html