EBSCO has announced a few enhancements to their user interface coming down the pike. Nothing too major, but these do seem to be solid usability improvements.
A few noticeable differences appear in the search results (view image).
Search Box area
- The “Add a Row” has been replaced with +/-.
- Maximum size & width of custom logo will be enforced. The current on-screen recommendation in EBSCOadmin is set below the maximum allowed.
- Updated styling, including the font, allows for additional display space.
- Streamlined layout relocates the number of records returned by the search to directly above the Results List and page navigation to the bottom below the results.
- Selecting a Limiter, such as Full Text, will immediately update the Results List without the need to click an “Update” button.
- The “Preview” and “Folder” icons move to align together to the right side of the column, maintaining a consistent location. Publication type icons now appear below the title.
- Preview hover is now centered inside the screen.
- Expand/Collapse controls move to the outside corners (includes right column).
Changes are scheduled to roll out Oct. 29, 2013. Stay tuned.