Training officer Mark Stone has put together several class options for training in First Aid/CPR/AED and BLS (Basic Life Support for health care professionals). Classes are limited to eight attendees and will not take place if fewer than four sign up for a session.
The BLS classes are required for nursing staff and students as well as all physical therapy and PsyD students, so get that required training out of the way this summer! All classes will take place in Hoover 203, and the options are as follows:
The eight- to 10-hour First Aid/CPR/AED classes are in two five-hour sections on two consecutive days:
- Tuesday, June 9, 8:30 a.m. – 1:30 p.m., and Wednesday, June 10, 8:30 a.m. – 1:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, June 24, noon – 5 p.m., and Thursday, June 25, noon – 5 p.m.
- Wednesday, July 15, 8:30 a.m. – 1:30 p.m., and Thursday, July 16, 8:30 a.m. – 1:30 p.m.
- Tuesday, Aug. 4, noon – 5 p.m., and Wednesday, Aug. 5, noon – 5 p.m.
BLS classes are six hours in length and will be held on these days:
- Monday, June 1, 8:30 a.m. – 2:30 p.m.
- Tuesday, June 16, 8:30 a.m. – 2:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, July 8, 8:30 a.m. – 2:30 p.m.
- Monday, Aug. 10, 8:30 a.m. – 2:30 p.m.
The price per class is $45, which includes the instruction book, and sign-ups and payment are done at this link. Choose the correct link for the class you want to take.
Please contact Mark Stone at 503-554-2090 or firstname.lastname@example.org if these dates don’t work for your group and other times can be arranged. Classes are also open to non-George Fox-affiliated community members and can also be held at the Portland Center if scheduled with Mark.