The university will host Homecoming and Alumni Weekend festivities this Friday and Saturday, Sept. 30 and Oct. 1. The event will include …
- Reunions for the classes of 2006, 1996, 1991, 1985, 1976 and “Classic Bruins” (1966 or earlier)
- A class reunion and affinity reunion tailgate party followed by a 2 p.m. football game against Whitworth University on Saturday
- An “Alumni of Color Networking Reception” Friday at noon in Canyon Commons
- A Mark Ankeny lecture, “George Fox University: Quaker Beginnings as Pacific College,” Friday at 4 p.m. in Hoover 105
- A volleyball match against Willamette Friday at 7 p.m. in the Wheeler Sports Center
- A Homecoming Concert Friday at 7:30 p.m. in Bauman Auditorium
- An open house and reception for the Engineering Innovation Center in the Klages Center Friday from 7 to 9 p.m. (RSVP here)
- A 5K “Foxtrot Run” Saturday at 8 a.m.
- An Alumni & Sports Hall of Fame Awards banquet Saturday at 6 p.m. in Canyon Commons (event full)
Saturday’s alumni awards event will recognize the 2016 Honored Alumni Award recipients: Lynn Clouser Holt (MDiv ’97), Matthew Tibbs (’04) and Maurice Chandler (’60). Also recognized will be Sports Hall of Fame inductees Kelsey (Baron) Cantrall (’03), Matt Gassaway (’05), David Peterson (’05), Ken Austin (Meritorious), Richard “Dickie” Kellum (’68), Steve Grant (Coach) and the 1987 volleyball team (Team).
To register for events or learn more, visit homecoming.georgefox.edu.