It’s time to submit nominations for Support Staff and Administrator of the Year awards for the 2012-13 year. Since this program was established in 1994 to recognize George Fox administrative and support staff members for their contributions, 46 employees have received this honor.
There are two separate awards: Support Staff Member of the Year and Administrative Staff Member of the Year. Each recipient will be honored with a plaque and a check in the amount of $500 at our first community meeting for 2013-14 in August. Nominations will be accepted through Friday, May 31.
The executive team will make the selections from nominations received and recommendations of an ad hoc committee that includes last year’s awardees.
Please send your nomination to Peggy Kilburg at email@example.com according to the following guidelines:
1. Nominations may be made from a list of support staff and administrators (contact Melodee Powers for the complete list). Those on the list meet the following eligibility criteria:
- .56FTE (usually 30 hours per week, 9 months) or above
- Completion of at least three years of service by March 31
- Continuing in employment next year unless retiring, and
- Not a previous recipient of this award
2. All George Fox employees may make nominations.
3. More than one person in each category may be nominated; however, a separate e-mail should be sent for each nomination.
Questions you may want to consider as you make your nomination:
- How has this person encouraged or helped you, other employees, and/or students?
- What is it about this person’s job performance that impresses you?
- What have been this person’s unique contributions above and beyond assigned duties?
- How does this person demonstrate Christian commitment, loyalty to George Fox, and leadership skills at the university and in the broader community?
I hope you will take some time to consider your colleagues’ contributions and nominate any you believe are deserving of this award.
– Peggy Kilburg, HR